Friday, January 22, 2016

New Year's Resolutions - 2016

Ahhh, New Year's Resolutions. Many of us make them, and few of us keep them. I usually don't have a list of resolutions. I figure it's best to start improvement at any time, and not wait for the flip of the calendar to get going. 

This year, however, I decided to set a few personal goals that I figured would help improve my quality of life. 

1. Read 18 books.

I have shelves full of books that I haven't read, but I have seemingly endless amounts of time to devote to Twitter, Facebook, etc. As of the time of this post, I've already finished John Grisham's The Rainmaker.

I've also suspended my Facebook account, but more on that in a future post, and I'm reading Bob Dylan in Americaand Rich Roll's Finding Ultra: Rejecting Middle Age, Becoming One of the World's Fittest Men, and Discovering Myself (this one is via Kindle, so I can read anywhere when I'd normally pop open Twitter). 


2. Write 12 blog posts.

This will be my second post of the year, so I'm already ahead of last year's schedule. I really enjoy being able to go back to old blog posts to see what I was up to in year's past, so even if no one is reading, I'll try to be a little more consistent this year. It can't hurt my writing ability either, which I feel has been slipping with my diminished output. 

3. Set a PR in a 5k and a 10k.

In 2015, I ran my first 10k (the Bluff City 10K) at 58:43 and set a PR in Common Table Health Alliance's Million Calorie Burn 5k of 24:47 (which got me second in my age group). This year, I hope to best both of those times. If I can avoid injury, I'm confident that won't be a problem, since my training times have consistently been beating those lately. 

I know, these aren't the loftiest goals, but at least it's something.  

What about you? Did you set any New Year Resolutions? 

No comments:

Post a Comment